Senior Software Engineer
At Cayan, we’re making payments easy and secure. We have teams building mobile payments solutions, eCommerce solutions, and embedded payment solutions. As an Engineer at Cayan, you’ll be helping us build new and awesome experiences for our merchants and their customers. We’re looking for full-stack engineers – your work will touch everything from our databases, business logic, web services, front-end UI/UX, edge services, performance engineering, test automation framework, and Continuous Delivery platform. The teams working on each feature are small and nimble (3-4 engineers and a product manager), and we place a premium on collaboration and locally-made decisions. We believe in automating all the repetitive, high-risk, and mundane tasks. Testing should be easy to do right. Deployments should be safe, routine and turnkey. Cayan’s Continuous Delivery architecture will allow you to safely deliver code to production with the push of a button. No prior experience with payments is necessary.
About The Team
The technical staff at Cayan believes that code is our currency. Our team is working on the next generation of mobile payments – QR, NFC, Bluetooth, and EMV-based digital wallets. Our code literally makes our merchants money and helps provide a less expensive and more seamless checkout experience for their customers. We believe that small, empowered, self-motivated teams can do big things. Our culture values openness, transparency, empowerment, and innovation above all else. As engineers, you’ll find that we’re a pragmatic bunch who believe in choosing the right tool for the job, and aren’t dogmatic about any particular technology stack. You’ll find a mix of C#, Java, Groovy, Ruby, Node.js, PHP, Perl, and more. As human beings, we believe in contributing back to the community - both through our Cayan Cares initiative and through our Open Source contributions. And we’re growing. Our technology team has grown nearly 400% over the past two years, with plans for continued growth in 2015. We expect our payment gateway will process an additional $5 billion in sales and 500MM transactions within the next year. We’re re-investing those returns where we’ll see the highest yield – in you.
A Qualified Candidate should be experienced in the following areas
- Must have 5+ years experience as a Software Developer or Senior Software Developer Programming in a high level object oriented language (eg. C# or Java or C++ or .NET)
- Must have familiarity with Continuous Delivery or Continuous Deployment, or Continuous Integration or DevOps Working knowledge of RDBMS concepts including the SQL programming language
- Building compelling, easy to use SOAP and/or REST APIs
- Experience with testing, including unit testing, mocks, and test driven development Virtualization (eg. VMWare, Vagrant, VirtualBox, Hyper-V) SCM (eg. GitHub/GitLab, Perforce, SVN)
- Continuous Integration (eg. Jenkins, Hudson, TeamCity, Bamboo)
You’re an engineer who can turn ideas into extremely fast and reliable code that other people – or you, six months into the future – will find easy to understand and extend. You are not afraid to learn new tools and technologies and have stayed current on various technologies. You believe in mobile payments’ disruptive power, and know how to write the code that will bring digital payments into the mainstream.
You Will be successful in this role if you:
- Enjoy helping others around you grow as developers and be successful
- Enjoy being autonomous and self-driven While, at the same time, enjoy working in a collaborative environment • Are inspired on a continuous basis.
- You think of new ideas and like to share them with others
- Take pleasure in making things
- Like making things better
- Are a continuous learner
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer. We aim to provide
equality of opportunity to all persons regardless of their
religious belief; political opinion; sex; race; age; sexual
orientation; or, whether they are married or are in a civil
partnership; or, whether they are disabled; or whether they
have undergone, are undergoing or intend to undergo gender
reassignment. We do not discriminate against our job applicants
or employees on any of the grounds listed above. We aim to select
the best person for the job and all recruitment decisions will be