1. Consumer-Driven Payment Type Selection
The POS must have the ability to send transactions to the CED without selecting a specific payment type / card brand on the POS.
Traditionally, POS systems require the Merchant to select the payment type / card brand to initiate the transaction. With Genius, the CED will automatically determine the payment type / card brand used by the consumer at the time of the transaction.
2. Accuracy of Historical Reporting
Historical reporting must reflect the payment type / card brand accepted through the CED at the time of the transaction.
The payment type / card brand used by the consumer is returned by the CED to the POS. This information should be reflected in the POS as the sale is completed and when viewing historical transaction data.
3. Transaction Amount Recognition & Amount Detail Tags
The response from the CED contains detailed information about the payment processed. This information is sent back in a set of tags housed within the Amount Details tag. It is important that the POS can both recognize when these tags are returning values and properly handle the total amount sent back even if it is equal to the initially requested value. The additional fields that could send back amounts are as follows: User Tip, Cashback, Donation and Surcharge.
- In the event that any of these fields are triggered the amount returned will not match that of the initially requested amount. The POS must be able to prompt the user to act appropriately in the event of these four situations.
- User Tip: An on screen prompt for tip on the Genius CED. This is separate from any tip processing done in the POS after the transaction is completed. The POS must recognize this additional amount as a tip.
- Cashback: An on screen prompt for cashback for a debit transaction on the Genius CED. The POS must indicate to the user that Cash is due to the customer after the completion of the transaction.
- Donation: An on-screen prompt for donation on the Genius CED. This is currently a placeholder tag as this functionality is not fully implemented yet. Value returned here will indicate that part of the total charge is for donation and therefore will not appear in the merchants account.
- Surcharge: An on screen prompt to accept a surcharge or a non-displayed but included surcharge on a transaction. This is currently a placeholder tag as this functionality is not fully implemented yet. Value returned here should be displayed as surcharge in the POS.
4. Merchant and Consumer Cancel
Merchant Cancel: The POS must have an option to cancel a transaction in progress.
When the Merchant cancels a transaction the POS must send a cancel request to the CED to stop the transaction in progress.
Consumer Cancel: The POS must notify the Merchant when a consumer cancels a transaction from the CED.
When a consumer cancels a transaction on the CED, the cancellation must be sent to the POS system, and the POS must display a notification to the Merchant.