Revised Draft v2.0 October 15, 2015
Maintaining a website is an evolving process and we may need to to change this Policy, in whole or in part, at any time, with or without advance notice, by posting a new Policy in its place. Your continued use of the Site following any changes to this Policy will constitute your acceptance of such changes at the time of use. If you disagree with how we may use your information under this Policy, you should not use the Site.
1. What type of information does Cayan gather?
The type of information gathered by Cayan is dependent on the nature of the activity and relationship with you. We provide a variety of products and services through our Sites, each of which is described below or in additional policies connected to those sites.
- Non-Personal Information. Generally, we collect browser information and other non-user specific information from all Visitors to the Site to support the operation of the system and provide us with broad user patterns and data. Information collected while you are browsing the Sites may be used to analyze trends, administer the Sites, improve Site performance, gather broad demographic information, and for security purposes. This information may be aggregated, which means it may be automatically provided to us but not tied to you as an individual. Examples include information about the websites that you visit just before or after our Sites, time spent at our Sites, and IP addresses, which are numbers automatically assigned to your computer whenever you access the Internet.
- Cookies. Cookies are a technology that can be used to provide you with tailored information from a website. A cookie is a small packet of data that a website can send to your browser, which may then store it on your system. Cayan utilizes cookie technology to help deliver a better user experience, such as remembering your password for a future visit so that you don’t have to re-enter it. Most browser software provides you the opportunity to control cookies. You may modify your browser settings to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether to accept it. However, certain conveniences and other functionality on the Sites may be limited if you choose not to accept any cookies.
- Personal Information. For some features and services on the Sites, we collect personal information that you volunteer by completing various forms on the Site, including requests to receive information, download materials, or receive agent and/or merchant account applications. When you complete and submit a form or contact us via email, fax or phone (each an “Inquiry”), we may collect, store, and create a corresponding participating member profile. The information obtained from the Inquiry and its contents, may include personally identifiable information (such as your real name, address, phone number, e-mail address, user IDs, passwords, billing information, or other information) you have provided. Any personally identifiable information you submit via an Inquiry is collected only with your knowledge and active participation, and by doing so you expressly consent to our storing, processing, and using such information for these purposes. When you register to use Cayan’s online processing services (“Gateway Services”), or you submit an application to obtain a Cayan merchant account, you will be required to provide personally identifiable information and may be required enter into a separate written agreement with Cayan. If you order any products or services from businesses, or ‘Customers’ that use our Gateway Services, you may be required to submit personally identifiable information for the purpose of processing those orders. Cayan may also obtain information about you from third party sources, including consumer-reporting agencies.
2. Who is collecting my information?
When you asked on the Sites to provide information, you are sharing that information with Cayan, unless specifically stated otherwise. Cayan works with some third party providers to improve the services and customer experience that we can provide to you.
- Phone and Live Chat. When you call us by phone or click to access our live chat feature, Cayan, or our third party service providers, capture certain information about you including your caller identification. We also may record phone calls and live chat transcripts for quality and training purposes, and to improve our services. Contact information provided through these communications is stored in our database and may be compared to verify identification and improve our response.
- Log Files. When you request information or download a file from the Sites, Cayan may store data about those actions and your IP address in a log file. We may use this information to analyze trends, administer the Sites, track users’ movements, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use or for other business purposes.
- Tracking and Analytics. Cayan uses third-party services that utilize dynamic number insertion technology to help provide us with information about you when you click through an online advertisement. That technology connects a call that you place to us using a unique toll-free number with keyword and ad source information. We also use analytics tools provided through third parties to help us leverage anonymous identifiers so that we can serve you personalized content now or on a return visit to improve your experience.
- Third Party Links. Please be aware that the Site may provide links to third party websites and resources. Such links are provided as a convenience to you and for informational purposes only. Cayan is not responsible for and cannot control these third party websites and resources, does not endorse them, and is not responsible for their availability, content, or delivery of services. Third party websites and resources are not bound by this Policy; they may have their own policies regarding data collection or none at all. We encourage you to read such other third party websites’ privacy policies.
3. How is my information used?
Cayan uses information collected from this Site for internal use only, including responding to your Inquiries or to contact you regarding Cayan services, and to provide and improve the services on our Sites. That information will be securely stored in our company databases. Cayan may also share some information with third parties that assist us in providing our products or services to you or in responding to your requests or Inquiries as described below.
- Services. If you apply for a merchant account from Cayan or otherwise become a Cayan customer, we may use and disclose the information you supply to us, to evaluate your eligibility for a merchant account, including disclosure to consumer reporting agencies, relevant financial institutions, and other entities involved in providing the merchant account services, to provide you with our Gateway Services or to work with contracted third parties who will performed certain elements of the Gateway Services, or otherwise as indicated in your application. Cayan may also use your information to contact you about other Cayan offerings and to inform you about general company news and industry trends. Cayan may also use your information for internal business analyses.
- Email Policy. Cayan may use your email address to communicate with you about orders you have placed, accounts you maintain, or inquiries you have made about our products and services. In addition, Cayan may send you email communications for customer satisfaction purposes or to inform you of special offers Cayan believes will be of interest to you based on your profile, though we do not provide access to any third parties to do so without your consent. These emails contain an unsubscribe link, which will enable you to opt out of receiving future mailings at any time, should you choose to do so. You may also opt-out of email communications by contacting us at email@example.com.
4. With whom does Cayan share my information?
5. How is my personal information protected?
6. What else should I know about my privacy?
Third party Internet sites and services accessible through our Sites have separate privacy and data collection practices, independent of us. Cayan has no responsibility or liability for these independent policies or actions. Please be careful and responsible with your personal information online. If you have questions about this Policy, or the personally identifiable information we have on file for you, or if you would like to request a change or an update to the information we have collected, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, call us at 800-941-6557, or you may contact us by mail at the following address: Cayan LLC, One Federal Street, 2nd Floor, Boston, MA 02110 U.S.A., Attn: Privacy Team.
Cayan is committed to protecting the privacy needs of children, and we encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s online activities and interests. Cayan does not intentionally target its Sites to children, nor do we intentionally collect information from children under the age of 13.